October 8, 2008

101

  1. It took me almost a week to come up with this list.
  2. I would consider myself an animal rights activist.  I'm not a member of PETA though.  Yet.
  3. I think my fingernails and toes are my best features.
  4. I want to be a writer.  There, I said it!
  5. I'm in the process of trying to kick a really bad Diet Coke habit.
  6. I don’t know the parts of speech. I can actually remember the day in second grade when they were taught and I was absent.
  7. I once heard someone say, "plagiarizing is sacrilegious."  My response?  Word.  Up.
  8. I’ll stop conversations mid-sentence if my favorite line in a song is about to be sung.
  9. I’m an OCD kind of organized person. But only with certain things. Like my desk, bookshelf, and the kitchen cabinets.
  10. I want to be artsy and poetic and am just so not.
  11. I read cheesy romance novels.
  12. I like cheesy pop songs to go along with my cheesy romance novels.
  13. I never learned to drive on freeways.
  14. I want to live abroad again. Desperately.
  15. I can't hang with racism, rudeness, and incompetency. I worry that it’s because I see those things in myself.
  16. For most things I have the attention span of a 5-year-old girl. But I also have the stubborn streak of 70-year-old man, so it balances out quite nicely.
  17. I’m painfully shy.
  18. I’m more lyrical than I am musical.
  19. I think indigenous peoples deserve all the special programs/benefits that they can get.
  20. I’m really very silly. And excitable. It only gets worse with alcohol.
  21. I own more sweatpants than jeans.  I see nothing wrong with that.
  22. In my honest and seriously unbiased opinion my nephew is the cutest kid I have ever seen in my life.
  23. It's hard for me to be dependent on anyone else. It makes me edgy.
  24. I love rainstorms.  There's just something so clean about them.
  25. I'm Portuguese, Native Hawaiian, Filipino, Spanish, Chinese and French.  People usually just think I'm Mexican.  Works for me.
  26. I rarely get through arguments without crying. Which embarrasses me. Which makes me cry even more.
  27. I had a pen pal in the 5th grade who asked me if I used a canoe to get to school. I think I told her yes.
  28. One of my prized possessions is a poem my boyfriend wrote for me on our first anniversary that he put in a box filled with origami paper cranes.
  29. I’m horribly indecisive. I can’t even decide what to eat for dinner most nights.
  30. I get unbelievably infatuated with celebrities. Like, 14-year-old-girl-staring-at-a-Backstreet-Boys-poster kind of infatuated.
  31. I wonder what happened to the boy I was obsessed with liked in high school. And I don’t always hope he’s doing well.
  32. I hate beans, multiple choice exams, and public speaking.
  33. I have to read the ending of books before I start them. I have to. It’s a sickness.
  34. I often buy those big variety bags of candy just so I can pick out and eat the bite-sized Mr. Goodbars.
  35. I have weight issues. I’ve pretty much been trying to lose 50lbs since I was ten years old.
  36. I used to wear really thick glasses and was made fun of a lot.  Kids can be mean.
  37. I think an entire half of my family are pastors. I grew up really Christian. And have fallen in love with a Buddhist.
  38. In law school I specialized in federal Indian law. It's ridiculously interesting.
  39. I reread books right after I finish them. I literally start them over again as soon as I finish the last page. I feel like they’re always better the second time around.
  40. I'm a slippers (versus flip-flops) and soda (versus pop) kind of girl.
  41. I’m vain about tan lines.
  42. My mother has green eyes. So when I’m in an exceptionally good mood, my usually brown eyes turn a little green too.
  43. I have a tattoo.  Will have 2 more soon.
  44. I have no hand-eye-foot coordination. As a result, I can't really play sports and I'm not the best dancer you've ever seen.
  45. Apologies make me cry.
  46. I graduated from the University of Washington with a major no one understands.
  47. I’m not as smart as people think I am. But I think I may be smarter than I think I am.
  48. I want an iPhone like it's going out of style.
  49. When I was a kid, I wanted to be Indiana Jones with breasts.
  50. I’m a product of the *NSYNC generation. JC all the way.
  51. I attended boarding school from age 12 until I graduated high school. I think it made me a private school snob.
  52. The smell in bookstores and libraries makes my stomach ache. But I still want to own one. A bookstore, not a library.  Though that would be kind of cool too...
  53. Hot coffee and hot chocolate also makes my stomach ache. I don't know why.
  54. My best friend and I met for a week at "camp" in the 5th grade (though I'm not sure we ever spoke), then began living together in our 7th grade dorm.  We still talk every day.
  55. In high school I was given "unlimited detention" for sneaking out of my dorm to go to a Britney Spears concert.  So.  Not. Worth it.
  56. I’m deathly allergic to shellfish.
  57. I have the memory of an elephant. It drives my boyfriend absolutely nuts most of the time.
  58. I usually don't watch or read the news.  I hear about current affairs through word of mouth.
  59. I'm terrible at calculating tips at restaurants.
  60. Upon seeing Yosemite Valley in real life, my first words were, "Are you f**cking kidding me?!"  I still can't believe how beautiful it is.
  61. I curse, sometimes a lot.  But never in front of my parents.
  62. My magazine subscriptions: Women's Health, Sunset, Saveur, In Style.
  63. I like country music and know the lyrics to most Garth Brooks songs.
  64. Seattle is probably my favorite city.  I would love to live there again, but the boy can't deal with the gray.
  65. Team Edward.
  66. Is there such a thing as selective dyslexia?  Because if given a set of number, chances are I'll read/write them down backwards.
  67. At age 25 I began developing a fear of commitment.  Says the girl going into year 6 of her relationship.
  68. Kahea (short for Kahealani) is one of my middle names.  It means "call of heaven."
  69. If it's a bad movie I probably already love it.
  70. I don't eat lamb, duck, venison and veal because they're cute animals.  I wish I could stop eating beef, pork and chicken in general.
  71. My dog probably hates your dog.  It's his one flaw.
  72. I hate cold-calling people.  Even the pizza delivery place.
  73. Retail therapy is my favorite kind, and I have the credit card debt to prove it.
  74. My first concert ever was Bone Thugs-n-Harmony.  I was 9.
  75. I absolutely cannot watch something if Tyra Banks is in it.
  76. My fingers are double-jointed.  I'm not gonna lie, it's kind of gross.
  77. I don't understand the obsession people have with Prince. It baffles me. He's a little man who sounds like a woman. Am I missing something?
  78. My first "language" was Hawaiian Pidgin English. I still speak it when talking to family, and my mainland friends never understand a word I'm saying.
  79. I love going to sporting events regardless of whether or not I like/understand the sport itself.
  80. I think the Dos Equis guy really does seem like The Most Interesting Man in the World.  They're my favorite commercials.
  81. I love to travel. I’ve been to Canada, Ireland, Northern Ireland, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Thailand, and Singapore so far. I get travel fever every 7 months or so.
  82. I'm a sucker for accessories.  Earrings and necklaces preferred.
  83. I cry when I listen to Death Cab’s “I Will Follow You into the Dark”. Every single time.
  84. I believe that everything happens for a reason, though things may not necessarily be "meant to be".
  85. I've never lived alone.
  86. I hate The Daily Show.  I love The Colbert Report.
  87. I think John Muir has written some of the most beautiful things I've ever read.
  88. I quote lines from “My So-Called Life” in my head on a regular basis.
  89. My boyfriend, his brother (his ex-girlfriend), their cousin, my last piano teacher, my childhood friends' grandmother and I all have the same birthday, different years. It's okay, I know it's weird.
  90. I rearrange my furniture every five months or so. I can’t stand when things stay the same too long.
  91. I have a bracelet I've worn every single day since I was 18.  In that time, I think I've taken it off for probably less than an hour, total.
  92. I often think of Coldplay as the soundtrack of my life.
  93. I tend to be an introvert, but I love friendly people and am usually really friendly as well. I want people to feel as comfortable as I can make them.
  94. I love ghost stories.  I watch all of those paranormal TV shows too.  But I hate horror movies with a deep, burning passion.
  95. I like going to places I've read about in novels.  I've planned entire trips with this in mind.
  96. I don't own any lipstick.
  97. I’m often told to stop trying to please everyone.
  98. Fall-going-into-winter is hands down my favorite time of year.  I'm pretty much giddy during the stretch between Halloween and Christmas.
  99. Those in the know have developed the ability to make me feel bad for inanimate objects.  Like the broom.  Or a sock.  Apparently, my bleeding heart doesn't discriminate. 
  100. I'm really bad about procrastinating.  If it were a sport, I'd be the world champ.
  101. I’m extremely surprised that I was able to think of 101 things about myself. It’s difficult to be this honest sometimes.

3 comments:

bianca said...

That was phenomenal. I'm going to start my 101 list. I wonder how long it's going to take...

writingtoreachyou.com said...

I identify with so many of these, especially #47. Awesome job.

ca-e-me said...

things to do before you die next

Post a Comment