December 2, 2008

my mood tonight

this song manages to make me want to write and read at the same time. it's one of those songs that calls up vivid pictures and scenes and stories and characters. it's all i want to do in the world.

i was worried that i would never feel that push and pull need to write again. i'm so glad i do.

and oddly enough...well, let me ask this instead: do these lyrics remind anyone else of something?...

Eisley - Brightly Wound

It's happening all the time
When I open my eyes
I'm still taken by surprise
I hold sunlight and swallow fireflies
And it makes me want to cry...

I love you

And I shall never grow up
Make believe is much too fun
Can we go far away to the humming meadow?

We were walking there
And I had tangles in my hair
But you make me feel so pretty
You have shining eyes
Yes like the forest lights
And it makes me want to cry...

I love you

And I shall never grow up
Make believe is much too fun
Can we go far away to the humming meadow?

This place is so lovely
It kind of makes me very happy
Let's go far away to the humming meadow

To the humming meadow

2 comments:

ca-e-me said...

oh boy.

Kahea said...

when i posted this, i was thinking, if kaimi reponds, she's just going to comment, "oh boy."

SIGH. bffs. lol.

Post a Comment