December 10, 2008

random additions

  1. so i just did about three loads of laundry. i noticed my laundry needed to be done when, a few days ago, i was forced to wear a shirt i haven't worn in 2 years. this happens every semester during finals. anyway, i now have clean clothes (woo-hoo!), and as i'm putting those clothes away in my closet, i'm struck by this alarming realization: nearly ALL of my clothes are solid colored. i just took another look, and i think i can see FOUR shirts with print on them. FOUR! does this make be boring, or consistent? does it mean i'm afraid to try new things, or that i'm a woman who knows my own mind? the things you think about on laundry day...
  2. i'd forgotten how much i love missy higgins. here are some of my favorite missy higgins songs. the first one, "sugarcane," is a particular favorite.


1 comment:

ca-e-me said...

most of my clothes are solid colors. it's just more practical as far as constructing outfits. patterns are overrated but i would venture to ask what sorts of solid colors they are? punching up the colors or textures negates the fact that they are solid.

in other words: you might know what you want, but there are ways of getting it that maybe you have not tried yet.

or something else deep and metaphorical.

besides, who cares what you wear as long as you wear it well?

Post a Comment