January 2, 2009

new year, new layout

so i've been a busy little bee today. i organized all of my photographs on my computer, took a crash course in photoshop, took another crash course in html, successfully revamped my blogger (which i decided to stick with rather than switching over to wordpress) and, after all that, was finally taught a lesson in humility (because naturally at this point i was feeling pretty darn impressed with myself) by none other than flickr.

so flickr is going to have to wait until next month to get added to the blog, since, in trying to figure out the best pictures to host, i inadvertently used up all of my bandwith. this would be all fine and dandy, but i didn't exactly read how flickr operated and assumed that it was based on space used to host, not bandwith. so i deleted the pics i had uploaded, thinking this would free up space for me to upload others. which it obviously didn't. and now i have no more bandwith to upload any more pictures this month.

stupid bandwith restrictions.

(**as it turns out, i had a tiny bit left of my allotted bandwith, so i uploaded a few pictures from back home, which you should be able to see in the badge in the far right column. more pics will come next month!**)

but what do you think of the new layout? i'm liking the two columns on the side thing. it's so much easier to see all of my stuff now that i don't have to scroll way down my blog. :)

and has anyone done any research on their genealogies? i think that's going to be my next mini-project and i'm trying to figure out the best online resources to begin my search.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I absolutely love the new look!! I'm always a fan of simple design. I've never done the genealogy thing, though other people in my extended family have.

Sophia said...

I love it!!! So funny -- just last night I spent hours turning photos into polaroids (digitally, of course) and I'm kind of obsessed now. They just look so cool!

Post a Comment