August 18, 2010

A Healthy Ambition: The Work-Out Mix

I can't work out without music.  It may actually be some weird sort of cosmic impossibility.  And what I listen to doesn't have to fall into a certain category of songs, but I don't like when they're super predictable either (i.e. "Eye of the Tiger" is getting nowhere near my playlist for many, many reasons).  The music just has to be loud and high-octane, and I have to be able to think over it or about it.  Like daydreaming on car rides, I apparently tend to do my best thinking on the elliptical or treadmill when I can just stare off into space without having to worry about crashing into anything or anyone.

I've spent many hours at the gym recently listening to Lady Gaga, The Maine, Eminem and The Cab.

So while this playlist is under constant revision and construction, I thought I'd share it's current incarnation with you.  I'd love to hear what makes up your current work out mix -- maybe I'll borrow some songs and add them to mine!

2 comments:

Sophia said...

I have some of the same songs on my running mix! Here are some others: Back in Black (AC/DC), 4 Minutes (Madonna), B.O.B. (OutKast), The Rockafeller Skank (Fatboy Slim), Harder Better Faster Stronger (Daft Punk), Return the Favor (Timbaland), Disturbia (Rihanna), Beautiful, Dirty, Rich (Lady Gaga)...and more Lady Gaga :)

AHONUI said...

Lady Gaga rocks! I also like that you have Rihanna and M.I.A. up there. How's the work-outs going?

Post a Comment