May 18, 2011

If My House Were On Fire

Yesterday, Kaimi (over at amor fati) sent me a link for a pretty cool blog called The Burning House.  The whole idea of the blog is for people to name things they would take with them if their house were on fire.  Would you take things of the most monetary value?  The most sentimental value?  The most practical?  We thought this was such a great idea that that we decided to do our own "if my house were on fire" posts.  Enjoy!

(Also, kudos if you can name the movie that talks about what you would grab if you had just enough time before your "60 seconds were up" and your house was on fire!)


Close up:
  • Nate and Finn, obviously, though I'd hope they could run out themselves
  • Koa box holding my irreplaceable jewelry, including my Hawaiian heirloom pieces
  • Journals
  • A flash drive that pretty much holds my entire computer, including my writing and publications
  • Albums of family photos
  • Pictures of my entire family
  • iPod
  • Passport
  • Favorite pair of sweats that I swiped from the boyfriend
  • Plastic files that hold all keepsake items from my travels
  • Joy Equation
  • Pencil holder my little sister made me when she was in high school
  • Pink box of relationship mementos (includes: 100 paper cranes Nate made me, drawings he's done for me, a poem he wrote me on our 1st anniversary, etc.)
  • Converse shoes (the most comfortable shoes in the world)
  • Multi-colored throw blanket that my great-grandmother knitted
  • Phone
  • Wallet that holds my ID
So...what would you take?