June 26, 2007

everyday's a first...

so today was the first time i ever quit a job.

i don't know how i feel about it yet. granted, it definitely was NOT a good fit for me (or for my employer, apparently), but i still feel like i disappointed someone (my employer, myself, who knows?). because even while i felt that my employer was rude or hypocritical or inconsiderate (and i do think all of those things), at the same time [i'm guessing] she thought i was...incompetent?, disrespecting of her practice, and that i handled the situation poorly.

do i feel like i could have handled our...confrontation...better? don't we all, in retrospect, feel like we could have handled uncomfortable situations differently? i can see how she would have preferred i respond to her in another way, but i was doing what was suitable for me at the time. self-preservation, anyone? furthermore, i feel like, as an employer and a professional, she SHOULD have handled the situation much better from her end. she should have respected me more, made less assumptions, and alloted time for training.

so either way, i should be really happy that i'm no longer there. but i still feel like i've done something wrong.

i've never quit a job before. i've never been ill-received by an employer. i've never really had an employer be happy to see me go.

i guess there's a first for everything!

eh. i'll get over it.

1 comment:

bianca said...

I'm proud of you...seriously, your summer is going to be SO much better now.

Post a Comment