June 22, 2007

v.i.n.t.a.g.e.

disclaimer: this is gonna be short, and may be just a little shallow. kinda like me! ha! (i'm joking)

so i got a pedicure this passed week for the first time since thailand. it's a nondescript place on broadway owned by this middle-aged asian woman who i just love to pieces. she smells like my grandmother. i don't know if it's her lotion or her lipstick or something, but it's uncanny.

anyway, my pedicure. i was choosing my color and kept hearing marj, linea and kendra (of the famous new zealand brown-crowd) saying that i need to be more adventurous. apparently, i never stray too far from beige or light pink.

so this time i chose red. "golden ruby" to be exact.

and can i just say that i LOVE my red toenails? everytime i look at my feet they cheer me up. is that why those beautiful women of the vintage era always wore red nail polish and red lipstick?

it's really the most amazing pick-me-up.

go and paint the world red.