December 29, 2007

endings or beginnings

finals are over and christmas has come and gone. this amounts to being very bittersweet for me.

but i'm in love with the changes coming up. i have resolutions to make, habits to get rid of, re-organizing and re-arranging to get on with.

i'm in the process of changing out my room. not only is this a fabulous excuse to go shopping, but it's just good to get rid of the old and bring in the new. i returned from hawaii (which, as always, was wonderful even though some very important people in my life were missing) to the chaos of my room, post-finals. it was like walking into a brick wall of stress. there were outlines everywhere, clothes strewn across desk, chair, and floor, flow charts tacked onto the walls, evidence of my mad dash to do some last-minute mainland christmas shopping before heading to the islands. and then i added my luggage to the mix. it felt like a layer of fog had rolled over my room so that there was no where to step, no where to think, no where to breathe or be calm.

so i've spent the last day and a half cleaning up. not only for my own sanity and peace of mind, but also because my little sister (one of those important missing people) is coming to visit me tomorrow! excitement!

i'm dreading the new semester to come. this last one was so difficult and i'm not sure what to expect next. what will be thrown at us this time around?

but i don't want to think about that for a few more days. i've got some fun things to look forward to this week: A., new years, sight-seeing, good friends and good times. we'll deal with the unpleasant when it becomes necessary.

i've posted pics from thanksgiving through winter break on myspace!

1 comment:

bianca said...

I totally get it...I don't even want to know what my office looks like when I get home. I know that there are outlines and books and highlighters all over the place. I thought of cleaning before I left for Chicago...but I couldn't bear to look at it, so I just closed the door.

Post a Comment