December 11, 2007

nostalgia, thy name is kahea

i miss my quints.

i dreamt of kapuaiwa last night (ohhh, that sounds so poetic when you don't know what it is!).

anyway, i had a dream about kapuaiwa, and in the dream i was doing just normal day-to-day things: coming back from dinner, taking a shower, reading a book on a friends bed, running up and down the halls. even doing saturday morning cleanings.

it made me really homesick.

and then, to top off the homesickness, my best friends and i did our periodic email updates yesterday and today, so it's the first time in a really long time i've heard from any of them. i miss them so much. you know those people in your life that know you probably better than you know yourself? who are as much family to you as your biological family is? who love you, no matter what, no matter how long the absences or how stupid the reasons, they just love you unconditionally?

those are my quints.

that was what kapuaiwa will always be for me.



alex.lehua.le'a.pukui. i miss you guys. a lot.

2 comments:

AHONUI said...

I remember those days. They seem so easy when I read what you wrote! Like we had it made: there was nothing to worry about: we did our homework, talked stories, and learned. We do that now, and I know I had some hard days there, but nonetheless, your writing reminded me of how much fun we had.

bianca said...

I heart your blog...it's so pretty!!! And I love that you've been posting. I'll try to be better...

Post a Comment