September 30, 2008

top songs ever

As requested, here is my list of top songs ever.




Some of the songs that didn't make it to the top 20, but came very close:

- finch: what it is to burn
- david gray: sail away
- brooke fraser: hymn
- kymani marley: warriors
- james brown: try me
- brand new: the quiet things that no one every knows
- coldplay: trouble
- dido: white flag
- gin blossoms: until i fall away
- lauryn hill: tell him
- matchbox 20: kody
- taking back sunday: you're so last summer
- van morrison: crazy love

and seeing this list you should know 2 things about me:

1) these are not random choices. most, if not all, of these songs are my favorite for a very specific reason, whether it be what i was doing the first time i heard it, or what i was doing the last time i heard it.

2) yes, i do realize that, apparently, many of the songs i like are depressing! my sister was right! i'm just so never going to live that down...

2 comments:

bianca said...

I did not know that you liked Rilo Kiley. I LOVE them! Did you know they were child stars? The guy was on "Salute Your Shorts" and the girl was in "Troop Beverly Hills". Fabulous.

"Yellow" is totally one of my favorites. You've inspired me to post my top 10 songs. Next time I decide to procrastinate...

writingtoreachyou.com said...

Ah, you named some of my favorites! And, I get a lot of crap for liking such depressing music too. I've come to accept it.

Post a Comment