April 1, 2009

these are a few of my favorite things

so for a "congratulations, i reached 100 posts!" post, i was planning on doing a list of 100 of my favorite things. but do you have any idea how hard it is to think of 100 of your favorite things? i mean, the list of 101 things about me was fairly fun and simple because i could include things on there of any topic. this endeavor, however, has gone from being fun and simple, to be a massive pain in my butt. and i can't keep not posting regular posts because i want this one to be my list. i actually have things to say nowadays!



SO, despite the fact that this is a complete fail on my part, i'm posting what i have now. and i had an idea. for those of you who know me, if/when you comment, maybe you could help me out by listing some of what you think of as my favorite things. N. actually helped me come up with about 30 of the items of my list anyhow, and it would be interesting to see what you think i love, knowing me so well and all.



so without further delay, i present to you the failboat that is:



70 of my favorite things!

1. Changing seasons

2. Dark red nail polish

3. U2’s “Joshua Tree” and “All That You Can’t Leave Behind” albums

4. Procrastinating, apparently

5. Nora Roberts romance novels

6. Snickers ice cream bars

7. Anything and everything in Anthropologie

8. Writing of all sorts

9. Redecorating

10. Planning the wedding I’ll have one day, though I’m not even engaged yet!

11. Big Sur, CA

12. The bffs I’ve had since Kamehameha

13. My Thursday lunches with B.

14. Getting email on my cell phone

15. This funny expression my dad makes when I stress him out

16. Seattle

17. Dangly earrings (particularly if they’re handcrafted, and have some turquoise in them)

18. Free People (both the brand and the concept)

19. Constantly expanding my iTunes library

20. Teen soap operas like Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill and The City

21. Getting my hair done (though I wish I didn’t have to pay so much for it)

22. Color-coding my daily planner

23. Going to baseball games for the beer and hot dogs

24. Seeing my young nephew develop his own distinct personality as he gets older

25. Guys with pets and trucks

26. Traveling

27. The cute purse my sister got me for my bday (from Anthropologie)

28. Van Morrison’s “I’ll Be Your Lover Too” and “Into the Mystic”

29. Friday date nights with N.

30. The fact that law school is almost over

31. Bumble & Bumble hairspray

32. Cedars, when it used to be the best Indian food in Seattle

33. All animals, except for snakes

34. Baz Lurhmann films

35. Iron & Wine

36. Books that come in series

37. Flea market shopping (and I hope to soon get into thrifting)

38. Ireland

39. The fact that my cat really does think she’s people

40. College sports events

41. Flying on Virgin America/Atlantic

42. The acoustic guitar and piano

43. Pacific Northwest Native American art

44. Paula Deen’s house

45. Accents (British, Southern, Irish, Australian)

46. “Expedition Alaska” (I made everyone I know watch it)

47. The playlists my bff K. makes

48. Casting the characters in my favorite books

49. Sushi boats

50. User-friendly airports

51. New Zealand

52. The University of Washington Huskies (go dawgs!)

53. Forbidden love stories

54. Twitter

55. Farmhouse sinks (I know, random right?)

56. Ikea

57. “John and Kate Plus 8” (Alexis is my favorite sextuplet)

58. Diet Coke

59. Macs, because they’re aesthetically pleasing

60. Long cardigans and skinny jeans

61. Blogging, both the writing and reading parts of it

62. Sarcastic humor

63. The “Lord of the Rings” trilogy, in all its many forms

64. Long, scenic car drives

65. Fruit or custard-filled donuts

66. Indigenous cultures

67. Barclay’s, the neighborhood pub

68. Bowl-like coffee mugs

69. Visiting places written about in books I’ve read

70. Blueberry yogurt



3 comments:

Sophia said...

this was NOT a complete fail!! 70 things is really good! Blueberry yogurt is my favorite, too :)

Ashley said...

Why did it take me a second to figure out what bowl-like coffee mugs are? Embarrassing. I didn't know you were a fan of the LOTR trilogy. Me toooo! Love them Huskies too.

ca-e-me said...

i'm not sure how r.patz didn't make this list, but i consider that a big fail.

Post a Comment