June 30, 2010

Why 1984 was so utterly fabulous

In honor of the fact that it's a very important movie premiere day for many, many [mostly women] around the world (and ohmygod I can't wait to see it), I wanted to make a shout out back to the days when our world did not revolve around vampires, wolves, and awkward teenage girls.

So let me ask you, when was the last time you checked out this movie?

I found it on On Demand the other night and couldn't resist.  Now, I realize this is sort of a classic of our generation, like The Goonies (let's pause for a moment to appreciate The Goonies), but...WOW.  That's really all there is to say about it.  Wow.

Interestingly enough, they're making a remake!  Let's hope the dubbing over the German isn't so obvious this time around...

Also, who besides me remembers that Jonathan Brandis played Bastian in the sequel?  Who besides me even remembers that there was a sequel?

1 comment:

Vicky said...

Are you talking about The Last Airbender?! :) I can't wait to see that movie... Hehe. And The Neverending Story was good, and campy. But Falcor is SO creepy! And I totally remember the second one. I used to think he princess in the first one was SO pretty, but then we looked her up, and she isn't looking as cute anymore :/ Have fun with Eclipse ;)

Post a Comment