October 8, 2010

My favorite time of year

"Autumn Leaves" by Michael G.O'Callaghan

Autumn has always been my favorite time of year.  Which is a little weird given that I didn't grow up with autumn, or with seasons that change for that matter.  Where I come from life is lived in a perpetual summer.  But I've always been drawn to the fall with it's changing leaves and the snap of cold in the air.  I love the clothes and the mood and the coziness of it all.  I love seeing the reds and oranges and yellows on wet pavement and porches with pumpkins on them as the shortened days fade into evening.  From the first day of October through Christmas, I'm pretty much as happy as can be with my pumpkin spice lattes and peppermint mochas, my scarves and coats and boots, and the festiveness that comes with the three holidays I look forward to most all year long.

Historic Highway, Autumn Study #1

Now if only the Bay Area would get its temperatures straight for once this year, things would be perfect.  If not, well, I'll be heading up north for a visit soon and I'm sure Seattle is more than willing to cooperate!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, the leaves are starting to turn already.

Vicky said...

the rain has officially started raining here and i've already started wearing my boots and scarves. so yes, seattle is very welcoming. :) i love this time of year, too. probably not growing up with it helped with that.

Post a Comment